Psi is the premiere Instant Messaging application designed for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X and GNU/Linux. Built upon an open protocol named Jabber, Psi is a fast and lightweight messaging client that utilises the best in open source technologies.
The goal of the Psi project is to create a powerful, yet easy-to-use Jabber/XMPP client that tries to strictly adhere to the XMPP drafts and Jabber JEPs. This means that in most cases, Psi will not implement a feature unless there is an accepted standard for it in the Jabber community. Doing so ensures that Psi will be compatible, stable, and predictable, both from an end-user and developer standpoint.
* Reworked account registration process (including proper support for XEP-0077 (In-band registration))
* Finished support for XEP-0004 (Data Forms) by supporting forms in messages. (thanks to Roelof Naude)
* Added support for JEP-0070 (Verifying HTTP Requests via XMPP).
* Customizable shortcuts (thanks to Ephraim)
* Added spell checking (thanks to Ephraim). Currently only aspell is supported on non-Macs.
* Added option to automatically set the resource (using the hostname)
* Added new default Stellar3 iconset
* Added support for JEP-138 (Stream Compression)
* Added support for using JEP-33 (Extended Stanza Addressing) to multicast messages to multiple users. Use option.enable-multicasting to enable it.
* Added ‘Show status message’ toggle. There is a hidden option to put status messages under the nickname (at the cost of 2 extra pixels when no status message is shown)
* Support for Bookmark Storage (JEP-0048), where bookmarked conferences are auto-joined. No UI is provided for creating bookmarks (yet).
* Better error messages, including error condition mappings (JEP-0086)
* Support dynamically changing priority
* Improved PGP error messages
* Hiding the deprecated protocol selector for service discovery by default. Use option.ui.show-deprecated.service-discovery.protocol-selector to re-enable it.
* New options system (see options.xml)
* Receiving support for vCard-Based Avatars (JEP-0153)
* Support for Multi-User-Chat (JEP-0045)
* Preliminary support for User Nickname (JEP-0172)
* Preliminary support for Roster Item Exchange (JEP-0144)
* Psi now uses the Qt4(>=4.2.3) and QCA2 libraries, replacing the Qt3 and QCA1 requirements.
* “Privacy List” support in the account dialog.
* Support for JEP-0050 (Ad-hoc commands)
* Preliminary support for JEP-0163 (Personal Eventing Protocol)
* Preliminary support for JEP-0146 (Remote Controlling Clients)
* Large parts of the codebase have been restructured.
* Fixed a chat room bug where subject/topic changes were not shown.
* Mac OS X builds are now universal binaries, supporting the new Intel based Macs.
* Support for JEP-85 (Chat State Notifications).
* Support for JEP-0115 (Entity Capabilities).
* There is now a config.xml option to make some windows use the brushed metal theme on Mac OS X.
* Window opacity support is now present for all three supported platforms.
* Fixed Unicode URL opening bug #510
* Auto-reconnect accounts on wakeup
* Copy-pasting with emoticons now works
* Fixed issue #263 where emoticons would disappear in a reply or quote
* History index is rebuilt faster
* Configure toolbars merged into main preferences dialog
* Moving tooltips
* MingW32 compiler support (Coupled with the open source Qt4 Windows library this now allows completely free building of Psi on Windows)